After I read Kerry's blog post about her five favourite fabrics, this morning, I got to thinking about whether I could choose just 5 favourites. Nope. So I challenged myself to really think about those prints that might cause me to shed a tear or two when I use up my last piece. Since I haven't taken any stash photos for quite some time, I thought I'd join the linky.
1. Suzuko Koseki floor plans in pink. This is one of my most favourite fabrics. Ever. I love the scale of the print, the bit of text, and most of all the colour. The coralish red colour is my favourite right now and seems to go with everything that I sew. This scrap is my last piece and I am sure that I'll cry a little when I use it up.
2. Another SK print. I love all her flour sack prints but this one with the linen and blue is especially appealing to me.
3. The black is Kumiko Fujita and I have no idea what the green is. I want to put the green print in everything. The black was a "just because" purchase that turned out to be a favourite when it arrived. I only have 30cm so I'm saving it for just the right project.
4. Vintage strawberry fabric on a nubby cotton. It's no secret that I love all things strawberry and this fabric makes me so happy. I have 1 meter and hope to stretch it out into a quilt.
5. Mister Donut and cute suitcases. These came from Ayumi. They are hard to use (the Mr. Donut in particular) but they make me so happy to look at. I put a little piece of the Mr. Donut in my plus and x quilt. I'm saving the rest of the piece for something very special. I love that these came from a friend and that they remind me of Japan.
I'm definitely someone who uses all my fabrics, so I won't be hoarding any of these but I will be waiting for the perfect moment to finish off each of the pieces. And it will be bitter sweet, for sure :)