Since she's been back, I've been on a sewing kick.
Many weeks ago I ordered a couple of the winter llama pillow panels from Laurie Wisbrun's Etsy shop, Scarlet Fig. As soon as I saw her sample, I knew that I wanted one just like it. I was hoping for green pompoms but my Joann's didn't have any so I went with yellow, just like Laurie, and I am so happy that I did. This was my first time sewing pompoms. I found it rather difficult but not impossible. Obviously. I highly recommend the panel. I am going to looove pulling out the pillow next winter!!
The finished pillow cover is about 15" square but I am using a 16" pillow form. I like this size, however the panel was large enough to make an 18" pillow cover. I bought a second panel to make a pillow for a friend. I'll probably make that one 18"
I finished my pillow for my PTS 7 partner, Kerry.
I think everyone knows Kerry and her very specific style. I was a little nervous to see her name pop up on my screen because, although I knew exactly the sort of pillows I could make her, I didn't know if I could pull it off. In the end I went with what she requested: red and aqua with a little yellow and pops of white and linen using one of her current favourite lines - Lecien Flower Sugar. I was so relieved to learn that she liked the pillow! It was a lot of fun to sew something outside of my normal style. That's why I love swaps - they push our limits!
The back of the pillow has a zipper - my first time. It's not the best zipper install but it works!
Next up is a pouch that I made for a friend a long long time ago but never got around to giving it to her. She likes cake. A lot. So it seemed fitting to make something fun with my little piece of Suzuko Koseki cake fabric.
I love the fabric on the inside, which is red not pink. But the only photos that I took were with Instagram so it's sort of artsyish with the filter :)
I also remade Kerry's Patchwork 318 block. Finally. Kerry asked us to choose a block with a tea theme for a table runner that she is going to make. I like the first block a lot but the second is a little on the busy side!
Finally, Muriel's Pippy Longstocking block for the Cocorico bee. Everyone's blocks were so whimsical and cute but I just wasn't able to pull that look off. I ended up searching for a pre-designed block and found this horse. It works but I hope that it doesn't stand out too much. It's very graphic and bold, which is more my style but I don't know that it will play well with the others. I look forward to seeing them all together.
Come back tomorrow to find out about a fun sew a long that will be starting in April!
Thanks for stopping by!